Friday, July 31, 2009

So Wrong

Last night, exactly one month after my previous post, I re-read what I'd written on June 30th.

The good news is that both are going to get better.

I was wrong. So tragically wrong.

After improving for six days, things went to hell and my brother died a week later. Meanwhile, my father is undergoing treatment for a tumor on his spine. Not sure a remedy exists to cure his breaking heart--nor how much "better" he'll ever be.

Life has taken a huge u-turn, but I'm coping.

And, at this point, I'm finished blogging about it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randy - My heart breaks for you and your family - I know that with time, everything heals, but it still hurts for you now!! You are doing a great job holding your life together. Stay focused, stay confident and remember that we love you!!
Your desert friend, Barbara

Reagan said...

Thinking of you daily and sending so much love your way.

Catch Them If I Can ... said...

I am so sorry Randy and think of you every day, wishing for a way to make it all better. Please know that your friends care and we are thinking of you. All the time. Love, Jax

Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

You're on my mind a LOT, girlfriend. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

We wish we could make your pain disappear. We think you are doing a fantastic job helping your father to deal with this sad situation. We love you and are always here for you. Hugs, Ann and Marty