Monday, February 15, 2010

Postponed!

Wouldn't you know?? I get all psyched up for tomorrow's surgery....then wake up with a raspy throat on Saturday...followed by a slight cough on Sunday...followed by full-blown (note the pun) runny nose this morning.

Went to my 9:30 pre-registration appt this morning anyway, but as soon as I told the nurse about my cold, she summoned the "cardiac coordinator." She in turn tried contacting my surgeon's office but (hello!! holiday!!!), they were incommunicado. So then she called my doctor's cell phone. Found him on the ski slopes somewhere. (Um, seriously?? Ski slopes today, my HEART at 7 a.m. the next??)

He quickly instructed the nice coordinator lady to cancel me. Said we'd reschedule later.

Yeah, and maybe he gets another day on the slopes. Me? I'm in bed with a 100 degree temp that's rising.

Doesn't it just figure??

No comments: