Wednesday, October 31, 2012

More Fun On The Phone (See Yesterday's Post)

Geez, maybe I should start a blog just for office phone conversations. Today's? Another classic.

Caller: "Accounts Receivable, please."

Me:  "She's not here, but this is Randy. Maybe I can help you." (Sidenote: the only reason I said this was just in case it was a customer with a problem paying us.)

Caller: "Hi, I'm with XYZ Debt Collection Company, and we can gaurantee--"

Me: "Sorry. I'm not really interested, but thank you for the call." Click.

A minute or two passes....

R-r-r-r-ring.

Me:  "Good afternoon, Bemco."

Caller: "Randy, that was really rude. Why--"

Me: "I don't know how much more courteous I could be. I told you I wasn't interested and thanked you for the call." This time, CLICK.  (Okay, it may have been a wee SLAM.)

No comments: