Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Who I'd Like To Be When I Grow Up

That girl. The one right there.

(I DO have an edge, by the way, 'cuz we're related...the trouble is she's more than half my age.)

Seriously, folks. Do yourself a favor and click on over to the blog of my cousin's daughter. First, because she writes CIRCLES around me (which, y'know, REALLY kind of BUGS me), and second, because it's all about her current experiences attending school abroad in...CAIRO. Yes, THAT Cairo. The one in Egypt.

To enjoy properly, you oughta go back to the January archive and begin at the beginning...otherwise you'll miss A LOT. (There's some brilliant prose, huh? Maybe I should've done my junior year somewhere other than Irvine.)

2 comments:

Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

Her quote from that Muslim Brotherhood guy's speech, ("The world is dominated by two men who think God speaks to them: Bush and Bin Laden.") gave me chills. Odd how Americans in our arrogance, rarely think about how large factions in the world view us and our so-called leaders.

Randy said...

I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like (as a 20-year old) to plunk yourself down in Arab society. Her major is some form of international relations--maybe she'll BE one of our leaders someday...and better for it, having experienced the "real" world.