Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Ah, Youth
















This, in case you can't tell, is the photo album I put together for each of my old (and I do mean OLD) girlfriends. It's approximately 30 pages and leather-bound. Pretty cool, huh?

Here's the deal. First, you download the software from Picaboo for free. It then provides various layouts, corner choices, page colors, cover options, etc. The hardest part is choosing the photographs and getting them assembled onto the computer. For this project, I used a lot of older photos I had to scan. Somewhere in the process, I decided to convert everything to black and white which was simple for the scanned ones, but took an extra step with stuff I already had in digital (I used Picasa for the conversion). Anyway, in the end, after getting everything the way you want, you click on "buy book" and voila! It ships to you within a week.

Okay, now here's the sad part, so beware: spending hours hovering over old pictures is like a trip back in time to your youth. When you re-surface, look in the mirror and see NO RESEMBLANCE to that person in the photos, you MAY wanna abandon the entire project.

You MUST persevere, though.

Otherwise, you might as well toss out all those musty photographs you've been meaning to organize some day, and that would kinda be a crime, wouldn't it??

Click HERE to view the entire album.

No comments: