Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Things That Have Gone By The Wayside...

...since I started writing five years ago.

1. Gym Membership...Found myself skipping the after-office workout routine in order to race home to write.
2. Weight...Okay, the truth? Up ten pounds (see Item 1 above).
3. All My Children...As in the soap, which I'd been watching since 1971. The extra hour goes to writing.
4. Television in general...Down from the entire prime time schedule to one hour a night while I eat dinner.
4. Reading...An official no-no when you're trying to write, but I can't help it. I'd rather write than read.
5. The purportedly indestructible plants on my patio...Now, this may also be due in part to the fact I've hardly stepped foot out the door since a coyote snatched my beloved doggie five years ago.
6. Sleep...Down from 8 hours a night to 6-1/2.
7. Second Bedroom...At one time always clean, this area is now a pig sty full of books, scattered manuscript pages, and discarded computer paraphernalia
8. Garage...One can always find something better to do than clean one's garage. Even non-writers.
9. Muscle tone...See item one above.
10. Hm. Number ten...number ten...*strokes chin*...lists never stop at nine, do they? Guess I'll have to get back to you on this. Probably will have something to do with my love life, although I'm not sure I can blame it on the writing gig.

No comments: