Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Very Rare and Cold September Storm...

...is making its way toward L.A.

We here in southern California are braced (that's what we do in this situation, we brace) for something we haven't seen, heard, smelled, or touched in, like, forever. I'm sure all the local TV stations are already on storm watch, and the Doppler Radar thingy has been dusted off and had its batteries checked.

Bring. It. On.

I. Can't. Wait.

(Although figuring out what to wear this morning posed a huge dilemma since I haven't yet shifted to winter-wear mode--not that I do much of that all year-long, but still...)

Anyway, the clouds are gathering, the temps have dropped, and Mr. Sun has disappeared. Can this truly be September?? I mean, they're predicting hail in some areas...and snow at higher elevations. Can Christmas be far behind??

And, um, too bad we're in the middle of re-roofing our building, huh? Talk about poor timing.

No comments: