Monday, June 30, 2008

The Cost of Cool

Okay, remember the whole A/C debacle? Get this: the new one "works" but I still have (gasp) a leak. Somewhere. Somewhere in a line that runs from the top of my two-story condo down through my kitchen cabinets. The fix? Oh simple, really. Merely OPEN THE ENTIRE WALL FROM THE ROOF DOWN.

Yeah, I can hardly keep from passing out at the thought.

Of course the alternative is to run the line on the OUTSIDE (disguising things with some sort of rain gutter). You just KNOW the homeowners association ain't gonna go for that one, right? (Unless I hire a team of special agents, cloaked in black, to do their dirty work in the middle of the night, or something.)

And let's not discuss that I just paid a fortune in special assessment dues for the exterior paint project.

I'm thinking I need to buy a Lotto ticket this week.

No comments: