Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Must-See Blog Reading

First thing in the morning, after my computer powers up, I have a ritual. All of you probably do. Mine is:

1) Check stock prices on homepage
2) Check headlines to the right on homepage
3) Go to webmail; check personal email
4) Go to company webmail, delete all the spam, then click on Outlook Express to open mail for real.
5) While mail is downloading, check The Drudge Report
6) And finally, my must-read blogs:

In no particular order (and for various reasons!):

Author Diana Peterfreund
Author Kwana Jackson
Agent Kristin Nelson
Agent Janet Reid
Agent Nathan Bransford
Agent Janet Reid's Query Shark
Bookends Literary
Not Yet A Wino
Manic Mommy
Reagan 'Round the World

Now some of those are easy to explain--the writerly ones, if you will. Then there's Not Yet A Wino--I just love the way this chick expresses herself. Quirky, honest, and so ME back when I was in my thirties (hell, maybe even now). Which, you might note is quite the opposite when it comes to Manic Mommy--I mean, we have NOTHING in common, but she cracks me up all the same. That last one--Reagan 'Round the World--is the blog of my cousin's daughter, and she's literally doing a whirlwind gig this summer as part of her law school studies.

Anyway, LONG story SHORT, I have a new AUTO read! Yes folks, I now turn your attention to my latest discovery (and I wish I could give credit where it's due, but I don't know who led me to this little nugget).......CAKEWRECKS! Ahhhh, don't you just LOVE the blogosphere? Totally useless information at your fingertips! This particular site is maintained by a witty writer whose public service is to provide insight into professional cake decorating screw-ups. Who KNEW there'd be enough material for daily postings?? But, yes! Turns out there is!

So, go check it out...and if you're too lazy, the next time you order that cake from Costco and it comes back with something like "Happy Birthday Randy In Green And Yellow" written on it, don't say I didn't warn you!

2 comments:

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Awww, thanks for this!

Reagan said...

Aw, I got a mention! So sweet! And thanks for pointing me to some awesome new blogs!!