Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's That Time Of Year....

...and I'm not talkin' Halloween, folks.

Nope. TWO days from now (cue scary music), I'll descend into what's fondly called NaNoWriMo FRENZY. Days and nights filled with thoughts of word count. Mad dashes to the computer for adding to THE GOAL.

(Oh, speaking of goals...I, er, shortened mine this year. To 30,000 words. So sue me, and yes--I guess that means that no matter what, I won't be a NaNo "winner." Trust me, I can't BEAR to go back and clean up the crap I write when I aim for 1666 words a day--or whatever 50,000 divided by 31 is. So this is better.)

Anyway, that's what those new doohinkeys in my sidebar are about. Widgets they're called. And the first one is supposed to track my progress, the second to put guilt trips on my friends who are stupid (oops, I mean, crazy--no, inspired?) enough to do this.

Ha.

Stay tuned.

Cross your fingers.

A little praying might not hurt either--y'know, if you're so inclined.

1 comment:

Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

Good luck w/ NaNoWriMo!!