Saturday, June 11, 2005

Hitting Send

Doncha just have to pause, take a deep breath, and squeeze your eyes shut before hitting SEND?

I do. Particularly when it comes to emailing a query letter...which is what I just did.

Yep. Finally bit the bullet and sent off the first query for Stealing Amy. Was gonna give The Knight Agency a whirl, but learned they’re “temporarily” closed to submissions from unpubbed authors. Doesn’t that suck?

So I went with Plan B which was Avon Romance. Like the Knight Agency, they prefer emailed queries and I had good luck with them last time (good luck meaning they requested a partial). Thank God some publishing houses still accept unagented queries.

And that’s how I spent my Saturday night.

Now, it’s off to think about how stupid my letter probably was.

3 comments:

Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

Best of luck, lady. If it was crafted as nicely as the first chapter of Stealing Amy I just read, you'll be fine.

Brooke said...

Hey! Good Luck! I am sure your query email was anything but stupid, I am sure it was quite wonderful! Can't wait to hear when you hear to send the partial!

Randy said...

(blushing) thanks for the support, guys! :-)