Thursday, June 23, 2005

I'm Hooked (and the link is fixed)

If you’re like me, you’ve been searching endlessly for something new to suck away more of your precious time. Well, look no further, I have the answer.

Sudoku.

No, I didn’t sneeze. Sudoku is all the rage in Japan and the UK. Now, don’t get too excited. This new activity won’t make your penis bigger or your boobs bigger, and it won’t put you on anyone’s A-list for dinner parties. In fact, it won’t get you anything but frustrated. Sound good? I know. I feel the same. Can’t get enough of something designed to make my head explode.

In southern California, we get our daily dose of Sudoku straight out of the L.A. Times (as of last Monday). You may have to get yours from the Internet here and click on Daily Sudoku On-Line. Prepare to tear your hair out and go through a lot of number two pencils. That is, unless you’re a math and logic whiz. If that’s the case, then as far as I’m concerned, go screw yourself.

In a nutshell, you’re given a 9 x 9 grid of boxes further sectioned into 3 x 3’s. Some of the boxes have numbers filled in. The object is to fill in the blank boxes with numbers 1 through 9 in such a way that no number is used twice in the same column, row, or 3 x 3 grid. Got it?

Your brain will thank me for clearing away the cobwebs.





5 comments:

John said...

Your link didn't work for me.

John said...

I did one. It took about an hour. I got one number wrong and took about 10 minutes to backtrack. Otherwise, works out OK.

Randy said...

Applause, applause! Now, wasn't that a pleasant way to spend an hour you'll never get back?

John said...

After I figured out how to do them, they aren't very difficult. So, I probably won't do another one. But, it was kind of fun, once it started working.

Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

Your posts crack me up! I can't believe with this 'voice' you're not writing Chick Lit or Lady Lit or some such. Great tongue-in-cheek and snarky comments. You go, girl!