Tuesday, July 15, 2008

But Will It Work Again?

Y'all know that here at Randy Writes Romance, we're forever in search of tools that will speed up production, tighten up prose, and/or render writing less agonizing. So last night, I finally tried something I've seen mentioned over and over.

Yes, I set a timer.

I hauled up the ugliest kitchen timer you've ever seen--it's in the shape of a head of garlic--from downstairs and cranked it to fifteen minutes.

Then I began to write.

And I didn't stop until the garlic went ding.

Hm. So far, so good. I'd written nearly two pages. To reward myself, I played a game of Spider Solitaire, then set the timer again for another fifteen minutes.

And I didn't stop until the garlic went ding again.

Rinse, lather, repeat.

Well! Do you believe I wrote 12-1/2 pages last night? I mean, we're talking NaNoWriMo output levels!

Ah, but now to test the durability of this method. Will the novelty wear off tonight? Maybe so. I'll report in tomorrow.

Meanwhile, to see Sexy Sascha diss reality shows starring alleged female celebs, click here!

1 comment:

Roberta said...

Randy, maybe you need "Garlic" in your title!