Friday, July 25, 2008

Pitch-Free In Frisco

It's that time of year again! Come Tuesday morning, I'm bound for the City By The Bay--which means that all you marauding thieves and hooligans should remember the starving pit bull behind my front door...and the strategically-placed land mines. If all else fails, my Karma will hunt you down and exact its price 'cuz, y'now, that's the way Karma works.

Anyway, I can't wait! First of all, it's 100 degrees in Southern California today, so I'm looking forward to literally CHILLING in San Francisco. (Note to self: pack a sweater and, um, perhaps a Parka, not to mention long underwear and mittens.)

Secondly, I'm stoked about going commando in the pitch department. That's right, I didn't cave! I don't care if I'm not getting all the bang for my buck that I can. I'm gonna enjoy this conference, dammit. So is my heart...and my nervous system...and my blood pressure.

On the other hand, one of my trusty CP's and fellow-conference goers claims that to make up for this indulgence, we must schmooze schmooze schmooze. I hate to break it to her that the same genes responsible for in-person pitching are the ones necessary for schmoozing. Oh, well. She'll find out soon enough.

I suck at schmoozing too!

But I don't care. I'm gonna have fun...and maybe even learn a thing or two. (Second note to self: late nights and alcohol do not mix well with early morning workshops.)

Uh-oh. Blogger has a scheduled time out (was it a bad blogger??) in four minutes. Better post quick!

3 comments:

Rene said...

I'm not pitching either. And I'm not really into schmoozing either. I'm hoping to get something out of the workshops and like you, escape the SoCal heat for a few days.

Jude said...

I am all for pitch-free conferences. I'll stick to email and snail mail queries.

Randy said...

Woo hoo! Comrades-in-arms! Let's start a club...a movement! The Anti-pitching brigade!