Sunday, November 02, 2008

Ready, Set, Splat!

NaNoWriMo commenced yesterday at 12:01 a.m.

Uh, I didn't do so hot. Well, to be fair, I had a Halloween hangover (pictures to come--of the costumes, that is, not the hangover). Still...I managed to write, um, two (count 'em, TWO) pages. With a third added this morning (at 8 a.m. no less!).

It's been awhile since I typed the words "Chapter One." Pretty daunting, let me tell ya. Plus, since I've been mulling this book over for MONTHS now, I truly wanna do it justice, and so far, the pages I've written are missing something. Can't quite find the voice, I guess. Or maybe I've written these scenes in my mind so many times, they just look funny on the screen.

Whatever.

I shall persevere...if only to make those bars and charts in my sidebar look a bit more respectable.

Go Jax! (Currently in first place, the byotch.)

No comments: