Saturday, October 25, 2008

Saturday Fly-By

Busy, busy, busy...getting ready for a quickie gambling trip, but couldn't leave without sharing this:

So in my latest efforts to solve the big connectivity issue, I tried Time Warner's on-line email support. Here now, for your growing amusement, is the communication which transpired. Best to read from the bottom up to get the full gist! (Please note, my response included the phrase: Did a HUMAN actually read this correspondence at ANY TIME WHATSOEVER??? I THINK NOT.)

Dear Randy (last name redacted)

Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable Support.

What I understand is that you are facing connectivity issues with the
Internet services.

Randy, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you

I will try best to assist you.

Randy, I suggest that you contact Road Runner Technical chat Support
team on the lick below, as they would be glad to assist you. (Um, Road RUNNER??? Did they not notice I'm an EARTHLINK CUSTOMER???)

http://www.help.rr.com/HMSLogic/rrchat.aspx?poolname=TW-Austin

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to
E-mail us again or contact our Live Chat at the following link:
http://www.timewarnercable.com/CustomerService/chat/chat.ashx

We value you as a customer! (Yes, that's so obvious!!)

Sincerely,
Kyra Cooper (Kyra, do you really exist? As in, do you have flesh on your bones and stuff? Or, are you made up of circuit boards and chips?)

Time Warner Cable Online Customer Service

Customer support works 24/7. (Yes, this is sooooo convenient, thus far.)

You can now chat with us online at the following link:

Our team of knowledgeable online representatives are here to help you
with your service questions or issues.


http://www.timewarnercable.com/Localization/Corporate.ashx?tid=21&linkid
=11


Please include all previous correspondence in your reply.
Messages are not saved indefinitely after they are responded to.

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
My home phone is (redacted) I believe the new account number is
(redacted). I will be in and out most of the weekend, but will appreciate
any
help you can provide. I suspect the problem is some internal issue since
1)
the TW technicians were unable to make their own laptops work, and 2) a
person I know who's pretty conversant with setting up internet
connections
tried re-configuring my laptop and still, it didn't connect. FYI, when I

checked the connection status, it said speed: 100 but then above it was

stated "low or no connectivity"--I tried "repair" while connected via
dial-up, but it said it was unable to repair.

Randy

----- Original Message -----
From: "Syracuse (Support)" <syr.support@twcable.com>
To: <randyjean@earthlink.net>
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 5:10 AM
Subject: Re: Connectivity Issues (KMM251298I23L0KM)


> Dear Randy (redacted),
>
> Thank you for contacting Time Warner Cable Support.
>
> As pre your e-mail I understand that you have been facing technical
> issues with your internet connectivity from the time you upgraded your
> earthlink to TWC high speed cable, and you were unable to contact TWC
> via the phone.
>
> I certainly understand the frustration and inconvenience this has
caused
> to you.
>
> I will be happy to assist you with this.
>
> Randy,can you provide me with the 10-digit phone number and the
account
> number associated to your account, as I will have to escalated your
> issue to the respective department. It is a specialized and dedicated
> department for resolving such issues and will be in a better position
to
> help you.
>
> If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to
> E-mail us again or contact our Live Chat at the following link:
> http://www.timewarnercable.com/CustomerService/chat/chat.ashx
>
> Sincerely,
> Atkin Jones
>
> Time Warner Cable Online Customer Service
>
> We value you as a customer! (Whew! Glad to hear it! I was worried...)
>
> You can now chat with us online at the following link:
>
> Our team of knowledgeable online representatives are here to help you
> with your service questions or issues.
>
>
>
http://www.timewarnercable.com/Localization/Corporate.ashx?tid=21&linkid
> =11
>
> Our customer service is available 24X7
>
> Please include all previous correspondence in your reply.
> Messages are not saved indefinitely after they are responded to.
>
> Original Message Follows:
> ------------------------
> First Name:Randy
> Last Name:redacted
> > Email Reason:Connectivity Issues
> Statement of problem:I'm at my wit's end. TW technican came out a week
> ago, hooked up modem to upgrade earthlink to high speed via TW cable.
> Although I appear connected; technician unable to access web; his
> supervisor instructs him to tell me it's Earthlink's problem. Later, I
> call Earthlink--go through various diagnostics unsuccessfully.
Earthlink
> tells me it's TW's problem. I contact TW again and they send out two
> technician's on Friday. After two hours, technicians unable to make
> connection although computer still says connected. TW supervisor says
it
> must be Earthlink's fault. TW technician calls Earthlink. Still not
> successful. TW leaves. This week I contact Earthlink via live chat. Go
> through three different people, telling the same story again, until
the
> third person says he can't help me because connectivity problems are
the
> responsibility of TW. I call TW several times, punch in selections on
> the recording, and am told due to high volume of calls my call cannot
be
> answered at this time. Try later. Click. I'm at a loss as to what to
do,
> short of cancelling all my services in total. Any advice?
>
>
>
>

No comments: