Wednesday, June 08, 2011

I'll Play!

Long-time writer friend Carol Burnside (a.k.a. Annie Rayburn) has graciously awarded me a Verastile Blogger Award which comes with serious responsibilities!
Okay, totally lying. I mean, this is not exactly clap your hands so Tink doesn't die. Hm, do I have that right? Is it hand clapping or...clicking heels together three times? No, wait. That's Wizard of Oz. Geesh, I'm old. No memory.

Anyway, here's the deal:

1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you. Check. Thanks, Annie!

2. Share 7 random facts about yourself. Ready, set...go!

a. When I was about 22, I coordinated regional pageants for Miss California Teenager. (Yeah, that was a real ego-boost--constantly surrounded by gorgeous young girls giving me fashion tips)

b. When I was about 29, I managed the syndication side of things for The Richard Simmons Show (speaking of egos...).

c. I was the Associate Producer on several award-winning documentaries.

d. I once taught a community college course on how to develop employees through training (ha...my current employees may find that amusing)

e. I am the proud recipient of an aortic valve donated by a cow (which explains the occasional moooooo)

f. I could sight-read piano music by age five. Sadly, it's not a handy talent to have because I can't play a note without sheet music in front of me, so I'm a real dud at parties.

g. I've never been married! (Yes! The most random fact of all!)

Back to the rules...

3. Pass the award on to 5 newfound blogging buddies.

Uh-oh. Really?? Who knew this would be the hardest part? Okay, here goes:

1. Newly-minted bride (not to mention newly minted LAWYER) Reagan at One!Singular!Sensation!

2. Writer friend Liz Falkner who'll have a release out soon!

Okay, we're seriously gonna have to put item three on the back-burner for awhile. (In other words...until I dredge up some other bloggers!)

Finally (back to the rules): Notify the recipients of your award. Coming atcha, Reagan and Liz!

2 comments:

Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

Hey, it took me about 36 hrs to come up with five ppl w/blogs who hadn't already been tagged. LOL!

Enjoyed the random facts. :)

Carol Kilgore said...

Congrats on your award. And thanks for commenting today Under the Tiki Hut.