Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Stumbling Around

Okay, no one ever said I was an Einstein when it comes to technology, so it may not surprise you that I've flubbed a couple steps in this whole self-publishing journey.

First, I'm definitely not an artist. (Gee, can ya tell by my book covers?) Second, I have a day job (whine, whine) so I'm not always able to (cough) get things done in a timely manner.

Hence the difference in covers for Lights! Cameras! Love! on Smashwords versus Amazon. And let's not even get started with the notion that I haven't uploaded to Barnes and Noble yet. Hey, they need banking info and that's at my office. My writing stuff's at home. Never the twain shall meet (unless I concentrate real hard on the task).

Meanwhile, I'm supposed to keep writing??

The good news is that Smashwords approved Stealing Amy for their Premium catalog which means it will soon ship to other "stores." (For instance, you folks who read books on iPads will be able to purchase it from Apple--yay, you!) Lights! Cameras! Love! is pending but I'll keep ya posted.

Meanwhile, yikes. The object now is to promote, promote, promote (or as I call it, pimp, pimp, pimp). I'm really not so good at that--kinda why I did this under my pen name.

So anyone who wants to spread the word on their own, have at it!

4 comments:

Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

This whole promo thing takes SO much time! I feel your pain.

Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

Hey, I just noticed you've got a whole WEBSITE! You should be promoting. Tres chic, lady! Love it.

Randy said...

Uh, Carol....???? Where ya been? :)

Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

I just always popped on your blog, never looked for more. LOL!