Monday, June 13, 2011

Setting Inspiration

Okay, confession time. I was a HUGE fan of Romancing the Stone, and I'd always wanted to write a story set in a steamy jungle. So when I needed to send my heroine off on a search for her identity thief, I thought, why not Mexico? After all, my favorite vacation spot happens to be Puerto Vallarta, and just south of town is--you guessed it--a nice steamy jungle. Perfect for stranding two strangers who distrust each other yet can't deny their growing attraction. Better yet, who are forced by circumstances to rely on each other.

Not to spill the beans, but eventually Nick and Amy escape the jungle and head for an upscale resort (each with their own motivation). For this, I discovered a cool place called Las Alamandas upon wich I loosely modeled "Casa Rivera." Some day I hope to be able to visit Las Alamandas for real, not just in fiction!

No comments: