Friday, May 19, 2006

Crunch Time

It’s a good thing there’s a vacation at the end of this run-up to the cruise, because all the prep really takes a lot out of me, y’know?

I mean, first there was that nightmare trip to the outlet mall. Then, last night I made another run at a different mall. Now I’ve got such a mishmash of new stuff, I don’t know what to do with it all. Rest assured though, I’ve got plenty of shorts without tops, and a nice supply of tops that don’t match any bottoms. Yep. That’s the kinda shopper I am. I told you it wasn’t pretty.

And, so far, I’ve got seven pairs of shoes on my list. Can you spell O-V-E-R-W-E-I-G-H-T luggage premium?

Let’s not even discuss my carryon. That’s where I cram all the electronic paraphernalia with which I don’t seem to be able to travel anymore. Truly. There’s enough cable and wire in there to hook-up a remote island to the rest of the world. Just hope someone can lift it into the overhead bin on the airplane, cuz it ain’t gonna be me.

So, assuming I get everything packed, AND the suitcase actually zips, what’s left to worry about? Um, tickets, passport, cash…

Cash?

Crap…Forget blogging--I’m off to the bank.

No comments: