Monday, May 08, 2006

Even The Roof Of My Mouth Hurts

Seriously, folks. Is there anything more painful than a dental nightmare? (I mean, besides childbirth, kidney stones and all the rest of the horrible stuff I've never experienced.)

Okay, so it turns out, it’s only some sort of infection. I won’t bore you (or gross you out) with the details. And granted, the endo guy said the pain will abate within the next 48 hours. But, Christ almighty. Why did the Tylenol stop working? Duh. Maybe because the plain old dentist, at an earlier appointment, excavated a UDO (hip terminology for Unidentified Dental Object—use it judiciously ‘cuz I just made it up) the size of Stone Mountain? (Large hunk ‘o granite, located outside Atlanta, Georgia. Look it up.)

And yes, to be on the safe side, I’ve scheduled a root canal…naturally, only four days before I embark on the next vacation, which seems to be cutting it close, but oh well. Couldn’t be worse than the tooth I may have EXTRACTED in yet ANOTHER appointment with yet ANOTHER dental professional sometime between now and the departure date.

And let’s not even discuss the bridge I have to look forward to when I get back.

Do ya think this is a case of ‘be careful what you wish for?’ Cuz I was kinda wishing I’d lose some weight before my cruise….

No comments: