Sunday, June 17, 2007

Beyond My Control

Here's a quick lesson for aspiring writers: some stuff is beyond your control. Like titles and covers.

Sigh.

So, here's the title page of my latest True Romance story (July's issue). My title was: How I Turned A Leaky Faucet Into A Marriage Proposal. Silly, I admit...but...I thought it had a kind of retro humor to it.

I failed to factor into the equation that July is "the hot issue." Hence, I guess, the "hotter" title.

I'll admit...at first glance, I went....huh??? My sweet little heroine who happens to be a handyman? How'd she get all tarted up? Then I relaxed. After all, it's not like the title's gonna keep anyone from reading it. And unlike when a book is published, I don't have to do a million chats, send out a newsletter, have bookmarks made, etc. Nope. I don't have to lift a finger.

On sale everywhere. Get yours today. (There. I'm done promoting.)

Another reason I'm loving these short story sales.

No comments: