Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Dreams Dashed--Part Two

(See yesterday's post for part one.)

So, this morning I awake to yet ANOTHER contest for Paul McCartney tickets on the Mark and Brian Program. This time it's "Celebrity Sell-Out"--where listeners call in with the phone numbers of people whose pools they've swept or clothes they've dry-cleaned.

Mentally, I run through the list of numbers I've collected over the years.

Marlon Brando? Sadly, I think it's been disconnected, and there's no new listing.

Harrison Ford? Henry Winkler? Geez, my TV days are so far in the past, surely these guys have all changed their numbers by now.

Meanwhile, I hear them call the guy who played the little boy on Jerry McGuire. Then they call the quarterback for the Cleveland Browns. Steve Perry (former lead singer for Journey) hangs up on them. Surely, I can do better than this, right?

I mean, we're talking Paul McCartney tickets!! Don't I know ANYONE??

Then *gasps* it comes to me: John Ratzenberger--Cliffie from Cheers! Remember when I met him two years ago?? I saw him again last week! He'd make a GREAT celebrity sell-out!

Only one thing. Do I still have his business card? And, even if I do *heart deflates* didn't it only contain professional contact info?

But, wait!! I have an email from him, asking me to call...er, don't I??

I rush to my computer, go to my inbox, and sort by date. (Okay, time to haul out the hankies again.) I suddenly remember the great computer crash of July 2006.

Curses. Foiled again.

No comments: