Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Serendipty--or Just Good Sense

Triskelion Publishing announced its intention to file bankruptcy today, FREEZING ALL CONTRACTS. Authors are scrambling to get their rights back, citing the language that says, in effect, that rights revert back to the author under these circumstances. I tend to side with the author who is cautioning that the contracts are actually property, just like any other asset--and therefore subject to claims by creditors.

Maybe I'll blog at length about what I think happened or didn't happen in the future. I'm certainly no insider, but I have opinions about this company in particular and the epublishing industry in general.

Whatever.

This past Monday, as requested on Memorial Day, I received the official letter conferring the rights to Stealing Amy back to me.

Whew. Dodged a bullet there, huh?

No comments: