Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Like Pulling Teeth

Geez. Even my blogs are full of cliches (see title).

Anyway, that's what finishing this book is like. Pulling teeth. If I were maternally-oriented, I'd offer up the birthing metaphor, but well...as y'all know, that's a foreign one to me.

The good news? The tooth is loose, it's hanging by a string, it's ready to fall out any moment. I know I've said it before (prematurely, as it turns out) but I swear to God, this time I'm sure.

Two. More. Scenes.

That's it. Plus, they're practically already written in my mind. All I have to do is get 'em to the page. As a bonus, over the last couple days, I worked in the completion of the hero's growth arc. (I know, tech talk.) AND, I've figured out a way to make the ending echo the beginning for that full-circle effect we readers know and love so well.

Yeah, pure genius.

Can't wait to type "The End"

...so that I can get down to where the REAL work begins.

Editing. Revising. Shoveling dirt into plot holes, cramming glue into character gaps.

Doncha just love the process?

Yep, as Jenny Crusie would say, I'm livin' the dream.

No comments: