Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Speaking of Restraining Orders...

...shouldn't we all try to restrain ourselves from tuning into the continuing circus known as Britney Spears?

Okay, I confess. I'm guilty of checking TMZ for the latest. But at least I stopped poking fun at her. I mean, sure, it was entertaining when we all thought she was a spoiled pop star doing the diva thing. But now that we know she suffers from a mental illness, isn't it plain rude to keep jabbing at her?

Do we make jokes of someone diagnosed with cancer?

On the radio station I listen to in the morning, the hosts were asking people to call in with their theories of WHY we pay attention to any of this. Well, here's MY theory: we love to witness proof that money and fame don't guarantee happiness.

And, man...if Anna Nicole wasn't proof enough, take a look at Britney.

No comments: