Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's All A Blur

I'm supposed to be blogging from National. Doing my part to make those who couldn't come feel like they're here. Only one problem. Well, no...several. First, there's no time. Second, my brain capacity is, er, slightly diminished. And third--it all goes by so fast, who can remember anything?

Which is why you take PICTURES.

Only I don't have the paraphernalia (sp?) to upload them. And, I'm tellin' ya, without the pix as prompts, it all gets pretty hazy.

So at this point, I'll just hit the highlights. Um...I can now say I've ridden Bart beneath the bay. And taken a city bus. Oh, and negotiated with a taxi driver who then proceeded to take us on a suspiciously indirect route to our destination, but it all worked out.

Okay, that previous paragraph had absolutely nothing to do with writing, did it? Sigh. I DID hit some workshops today. THe first one was SRO so I left and tried another which turned out to be unrelated to anything I'm interested in. For the second hour, I hit a Joan Johnston lecture on tips for writing a book the reader can't put down--that one was inspiring! Then, for the last workshop of the day, I supported my friend Jackie Jacobi who was doing a workshop on what we romance writers can learn from Joss Whedon's Firefly. I have to admit I'm totally clueless when it comes to Buffy, Firefly, Serenity and all that stuff, but I gather I need to investigate this phenomenon.

Ooops. I've gone out of order. I forgot to mention last night's Chick Lit Chapter party. Probably because what with all the free wine and munchies, talk about a blur! Anyway, suffice to say that Amanda and Kristen did an awesome job, and most people stayed for the entire party.

Well, in the interest of trying to make the continental breakfast tomorrow at 8 a.m., you're gonna have to forgive this lame post, but I need to snooze.

More coherent stuff later.

No comments: