Wednesday, April 11, 2007

What Did I Do??

If I were wearing one of those stupid mood rings from the 60's, it's color would be RED because I'm feeling extremely cranky. Turns out, the Technology Gods really have it in for me today.

First, I arrived at the office to find our network down. Might I add our IT guy is on extended vacation somewhere half-way around the world? Luckily, the instructions he left actually succeeded. Network's back up; score one for ME.

Second crisis, the phones stop working. Correction. They ring, you can tell a caller's there, but the static's so loud you can't understand what he's saying. Except, of course, that he's cussing you out--something to do with a chamber that was supposed to be delivered Friday, then Monday, then Tuesday, then today...but we don't have a truck to deliver it with because SOMEONE took it on some kind of service call up north without bothering to mention it to anyone...

Then there's the tug-o'-war between Pac Bell and the phone manufacturer. It's not our problem, it's theirs. Nuh-uh. It's theirs.

Mysteriously, after Pac Bell runs a diagnostic and pronounces the lines free of problems, they start working. We keep the Monday (Monday??) appointment with the phone manufacturer in case the system starts acting up again. Meanwhile, Pac Bell tries to talk us into paying a one-time $79 fee that will cover the cost of a service call in the event we need one. Otherwise, we'll be charged at the rate of $89 for the first hour and $25 for every fifteen minute increment thereafter.

Isn't this blackmail?

Anyway, third, our main printer croaked. Well, it whirs...it TRIES to work, but jams every time. I don't even know where to begin resurrecting it.

Okay, so at least I don't have Don Imus's problems which, by the way, I'm composing a blog about, so stay tuned. I still would've been better off staying in bed today.

No comments: