Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Venturing Off Into Uncharted Waters

Recent experience tells me I need to think about writing longer books.

(Eek. Why can't I be like the rest of the world, i.e., those who write too much rather than too little?)

Anyway, so when my WIP took an unexpected turn last night, I figured what the hell...might as well see where it leads (hoping the result is heaps more pages). Only problem is that adding an unforeseen wrinkle means adding unforeseen moisturizer (ha). I mean, it's like (picture, if you will) you've created one of those if-then flowcharts and suddenly you throw in an option that wasn't there before. Next thing you know, you're going in ten new directions, each with its own set of exponentially increasing choices you hadn't even planned on.

I'm tellin' ya, folks. Don't try this at home.

1 comment:

John said...

You shared the fun of writing, letting your characters run free and introduce all of their friends. Makes for 600 page books out of 60 page books. Go for it.