Friday, February 29, 2008

Drum Roll, Please...

...and let's hear a big round of applause for...ME!

I did it! I typed 'the end' last night! Which--who knew??--is an extremely controversial act. Right up there with whether to type two spaces or one after the period at the end of a sentence. I dunno...to tell you the truth, I've never typed 'the end' on any of my other manuscripts. I guess I figured if the reader gets confused, then I've done something wrong. It just so happens that this book ends in a unique way (can't reveal details y'know, cuz then I'd have to kill you), so apparently I felt a need to give the reader a heads up.

In any event, squee, huh? Let's recap the novels I've written to date:

The Mystery In The Treehouse--Nancy Drew rip-off, written at age 10.
A romantic suspense whose title I can't remember, written at age 22.
Logan's Daughter, a romantic suspense aimed at Silhouette, written at age 40.

And in the post-modern era (AKA after I discovered RWA):

Fit For Love
Stealing Amy
Leftovers
Lights! Cameras! ...and whatever that third word ends up being

Now, to you non-writers out there, this may add up to one big heap o' failure, but trust me, it doesn't. Lights! Cameras! Whatever! (hey, maybe THAT's the right word!) is a far better book than Logan's Daughter which in turn was a far better book than The Mystery In The Treehouse (gee, ya think?). Seriously, though. With each book, I learn so, so, much. And all four of those could still sell...maybe.

Anyway, I'm basking in self-congratulatory cyber champagne today (cyber hangovers are snap to get rid of, in case you didn't know), and gearing up for the next phase: revisions, revisions, revisions.

Oh, and queries! LOVE crafting that killer query letter. (Not.)

Cross your fingers for me. This may be THE ONE.

3 comments:

John said...

Congratulations! Now comes the fun part, revising. Good luck.

Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

Yay, Randy!!!!

Brooke said...

Congratulations!!! So very wonderful! And... in Phoenix... we'll celebrate with a drink of choice! Way to go!!