Friday, June 20, 2008

Hell Freezes Over, Part II

I don't know what's come over me, y'all. First the new air conditioner and now (gulp) I've actually got two honey-dew guys* coming over tomorrow for:

Cleaning up the patio
Changing out the light switch in the kitchen
Swapping beds between rooms
Changing light bulbs (hey, don't sneer--the ceilings are uber-high)

Sadly, I'm saving the garage for another day.

But, MAN. I wish I knew what got me off the dime so I could tap into it more often...y'know, like when I'm trying to write a book.

**honey-dew guy (for the uninitiated): Honey, do this...honey, do that...

And yes, I'm going out with the girls tonight, so come eight o'clock tomorrow morning, when my honey dews show up, I'll be lolling on a chaise lounge, issuing orders while the aspirin kicks in.

P.S. The new air conditioner is sublime!! Now, if I could only figure out how to turn it off...that ticking noise you hear is the sound of my meter soaring through the stratosphere.

No comments: