Friday, January 26, 2007

About That Recap....

I remember when we used to talk about men and sex...instead of droopy eyelids.

I remember when we used to talk about potential jobs...instead of retirement.

I remember when we used to talk about weddings...instead of funerals.

But some things never change. We still laugh and giggle about our shortcomings. We still stay up all night and wonder how four empty champagne bottles got into the trash can.

We still hug each other when we part.

Here are a few pictures and a little commentary from last weekend.


See what I mean? This is what happens
when three old ladies get together. They
compare ugly feet. (BTW, mine is the best looking one.)

Here's Nancy and Kathleen suffering the effects of muy de alcohol...but, hey...it's a good kinda suffering.



Next up is my cool present from Nancy
(I TOLD YA IT WAS STILL MY
BIRTHDAY!!) And yes, I'm not fond of the
way my face looks in this picture. That's what
computer editing utilities are for.

This is a pic of the harbor where we ate lunch on Saturday after the Fourth Mouseketeer (Juli) joined us. And this is the neat little owl guy we saw (isn't he supposed to be sleeping, or something?)















Next we went hotel hopping--my FAVE thing to do. First stop: The Montage, a 5-star resort in Laguna Beach. Okay, I have to admit the place is gorgeous, but $17 chardonnay? Not so much. AND, I could have done without all the strategically placed "suits with earpieces." You just KNEW that any minute, one of 'em was gonna come up and say: "Excuse me. Unless you can provide satisfactory tax returns for the past ten years, we're going to have to ask you to leave." In other words, not so friendly.

The St. Regis, on the other hand, is equally beautiful, equally 5-star (although a bit further from the ocean), but...well...shall we say, friendlier? And with exquisite artwork, to boot.




Okay, this is getting tedious. You folks have NO IDEA how difficult it is to get these damn pictures, words, and videos to settle into their proper place. Anyway, I took this video to record the music. We were back at "our bar" at the Laguna Cliffs, and the performer's name is Kevin Danzig. I don't know if it was the atmosphere, the cocktails, or WHAT, but I bought THREE of his CD's. And I told him I was putting this on Youtube, and he gave me permission, so I'm not ripping him off or anything. Hopefully, I'll come up with a gig for him chez Randy, 'cuz I truly enjoyed his music.



I'd post more here, but, well...gotta get to the day job work. Thought I'd leave you with one last pic, though...and this is what happens when the ladies start the cocktail hour early on a Sunday. I'm tellin' ya...I've always looked best in black and white.

No comments: