Sunday, January 14, 2007

The End! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I DID IT! ! ! ! ! ! !

I typed the Six Best Letters in the WHOLE WORLD....THE END! I swear, I've never been through childbirth, but this was the literary equivalent. Now, the last scene needs a smidgen--oh hell, a BOATLOAD--of work, but still...it's THERE.

And there's the re-writing I need to do at the beginning...

And...oh...um....there's all the tightening I need to do...plus the fill-in-the-blank stuff I left for later....

But....I'm so jazzed, I think I'll go lie down...or is it lay down? I'm pretty sure it's lie down.

Brain frazzle!

4 comments:

John said...

Congratulations! Now comes the fun part.

Brooke said...

Woo Hoo!!!!!! Congratulations! and...what a relief, huh!

Let Edit-Hell-Fun begin!

Anonymous said...

The End? You're supposed to write The End at the end??? I was once scolded for doing that at the end of a story, but now I can't remember what it was for...maybe a magazine story, and the editor said the end should recognizably be the end and if you had to say The End to let people know that it wasn't written properly. LOL :) So I'm not sure half of my stories have The End written at the end. :)

Randy said...

LOL...as a matter of fact, this is the first time I've ever typed 'the end.' One, because I was just so damn happy to finally do it, and two, because my editor typed it in on Stealing Amy after our first round of revisions. :)