Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Bonus!

So after typing THE END the other night, I thought about my next plan of attack. Most authors like to set a manuscript aside for awhile before they start revising. Me? I'm eager to dive in, but alas, I see the wisdom in waiting...so what, I asked myself, should I work on in the meantime?

Go back to the nameless NaNo project?

Advertise my Stealing Amy contest?

Hm...but I really wanna get to the next phase with Leftovers. Besides, that timetable of goals I posted in December included having the query letter drafted and mailed out by January 15th. And yet...euw. Query letters. HATE writing query letters. Distilling the gist of your book into one pithy page can be a real killer.

So I browsed through my documents file on the off-chance that somewhere along the line I might have spent a few odd minutes (hours?) on a query letter.

Lo and behold...BINGO!

For whatever reason--a contest?--a Miss Snark crap-o-meter?--just for the helluvit...? I'd written an entire query letter...and a rather good one, if I do say so myself! Whew! It was like cleaning up after Christmas and finding an undiscovered present under the tree!

Now all I have to do is figure out who to send it to....

1 comment:

Brooke said...

How nice! I've read your query letters...they are always very good! Hmm...maybe there's a new business idea!