Thursday, March 24, 2005

And It All Became Clear...

One of my on-line friends is writing an article about using the Myers-Briggs system as a way of analyzing our strengths and weaknesses as authors.

Briefly, you’re asked to assess yourself in four areas: relating to others, information taking, decision making, and life order. You do this by reading a series of descriptions under each heading and figuring out on which side you fall. In the end, you wind up with a four-letter code which leads you to your analysis.

Having a little time on my hands this morning, I decided to play along. Turns out I’m an ESFP which, in itself, probably doesn’t startle (or interest) anyone. Each combination of letters has its own moniker; mine is “The Joker.” Um, huh?? The Joker? Couldn’t I have been “The Visionary?” Or, even “The Wizard?” I guess I should be happy I wasn’t “The Helper”—how boring is that?

Anyway, scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, past all the mundane stuff it said about me, something eerie suddenly stood out…and I quote:

"There is an affinity of the INTJ "scientist" for the ESFP exciting entertainer. This type of mating, however, is so infrequent as to be a mere academic interest (the INTJ is a mere 1 percent of the population and, furthermore, rarely comes in contact with ESFP). "

Whaaa??? Huh???? So, not only is the pool of men I’m attracted to infinitesimal, I’m not likely to ever bump into one of its members? How could God be this cruel??

To discover why your own life is screwed, go here:

http://www.geocities.com/lifexplore/

1 comment:

John said...

We state employees get to take Briggs and Stratten test about every five years. I'm an ENFP. Means I'm soft and squishy, which kind of describes my extarnal too.