Friday, March 18, 2005

Not That There's Anything Wrong With It...


...but Puerto Vallarta seems to be going the way of Palm Springs.

Yes, (she said with a resigned sigh) the guys with flat abs and sculpted shoulders had eyes only for each other. (Not that my “gadar” is very advanced, but coming from California, you get pretty used to the concept that an attractive man must be gay.) Anyway, they were nice and friendly, though! And, fun to talk to! And, so blessedly harmless!

I got my first clue when I was browsing the Internet for new restaurants and came across a site that featured a list of those that were gay-owned. Hmm, I thought. Coincidence that there are so many? I think not.

Sure enough, turns out Puerto Vallarta is now known as a particularly “gay friendly” Mexican resort town. Not surprising since the people are so damn friendly period. After a little research, I learned there are gay beaches, gay bars, gay restaurants, gay tours…the whole gay shebang, if you’ll pardon the expression.

No comments: