Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Things I Haven’t Done (but would like to)

Seen the poppies bloom in the desert
Gone to Paris and had my hair chopped off by an overpriced stylist
Learned to play the violin
Replaced my late dog
Seen the Getty Museum
Had a no-strings attached, one-night fling
Sat in a café in Vienna watching the rain pelt against the window
Lived in a house overlooking the Pacific Ocean
Joined the mile-high club
Seen the Academy Award winning movies of the last five years
Climbed Mt. Everest (okay, probably doesn’t belong on this list—I’m pretty sure that ship has sailed…might as well add “seen Machu Pichu here too”)
Participated in a reality show on TV (this one’s pretty doubtful too)
Bought myself the new Sony PSP
Gone on safari
Swum (swam?) with dolphins
Organized years and years of pictures into albums or even bothered to label my home videos
Served on a jury
Visited my step-brother in Chile**update: I found out last night that he moved to Peru!
Lived in Mexico
Bought new bedroom furniture to replace the stuff my parents let me take from my childhood room in their house (yes, my bed is ANCIENT)

Things I’ve Done (but wouldn’t have predicted)

Taken tango lessons in Buenos Aires
Associate produced award-winning documentaries
Seen the family farm in Norway
Kissed an iconic TV actor
Met John Wayne
Hopscotched across America in a private plane
Attended the Academy Award rehearsals
Climbed Dunns River Falls in Jamaica
Lived in the same condo and had the same job for 20+ years
Redecorated (most) of my home
Bought myself a diamond ring
Seen the Mall Of America
Dated a man who wore a World Series ring

Things I’ll Never Do

Bungee jump
Parachute from a plane

So, probably this really bored everyone else, but hey—now, I have a handy list of things-to-do!

3 comments:

John said...

Who's the baseball player? And the actor?

Neat that you met John Wayne. I wish I could have.

My cousin visited Machu Pichu when in her 70s. They have trips that get close enough for old folks. So, you still have time.

Anonymous said...

Tell me you HAVE replaced the mattress.

Hopscotched across America in a private plane? Was the hopscotching refueling? Did I know this?

Randy said...

Ha! Same comfy mattress. And yes, you should remember--the summer I was about 15 when Daddy, Annie, Michael, and I took the Bonanza back to North Dakota and Minnesota. Yep, many stops for refueling (and to let the stomachs settle...)