Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Breaking Writing Career News

Funny how I've inadvertantly set up a system of making sure I've always got "something out there." While my contest entry was in finalist limbo, I figured it was time to mail out another agent query...ya know, so I could include a line that said: "Fit For Love is currently a finalist in the Launching A Star Contest and my entry is now on the desk of a Pocket Books editor for final judging"...

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I found out I'd placed third in the contest and the editor didn't request the full manuscript (insert heavy sigh here).

But today I received a response from the agent...send thirty pages, she says! (Okay, it's not 100% promising--for that she would have had to request the full, but it's better than the NO'S I've been getting recently.)

Ha...I have to include a brief bio of my publishing credentials (um, there ARE none) so I'll have to fudge on that. Not lie, mind you. Just skirt around the issue.

She says she takes up to two months for a response...so, in the meantime, guess I'll have to get another contest entry out there.

No comments: