Friday, April 08, 2005

And, Now--Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Programming....

Whew! I couldn't access Blogger from anywhere yesterday. This morning, I cleaned out my cookies (as in wiped out my temporary internet files) and voila! Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Anyway, here's yesterday's post (how did y'all survive without me?):

Some days, I’m just too busy to blog. Well, to blog WELL anyway…and on a half-way decent topic. I’d LOVE to blog about an idea I had for a new book this morning, but I’m not crazy--one of you might steal it. Ha. No, really. I’m pretty excited about it. At first I thought it would be a chick-lit, but then I saw more potential for a romantic suspense. Oh, and I’ve got a great title which shall ALSO remain secret. Hm. Usually I suck at titles so maybe that's a good sign.

Anyway, for lack of anything better to discuss, I offer the following:

Michael Jackson: Guilty-as-sin-pedophile? Or, just your average 10-year-old boy?

Pope John Paul: Single-handedly responsible for the fall of Communism? Or, just another over-hyped media sensation?

Michael Moore: Courageous crusader? Or, pompous ass?

Angelina Jolie: Gorgeous babe? Or, plain old scary?

Arnold Schwarzenegger: Astute politician? Or, flash-in-the-pan Jesse Ventura-wannabe?

Jane Fonda: Genuinely repentant in her old age? Or, once a traitor, always a traitor?


Go on. Talk amongst yourselves.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Phew! Welcome Back!!!!! It was getting scary there for a bit...missed my daily jolt of laughter!

Face it...I am hooked!

John said...

Michael Jackson: Guilty-as-sin-pedophile? Or, just your average 10-year-old boy?

Guilty implies he has a clue. Guy is dealing from a one card deck.

Pope John Paul: Single-handedly responsible for the fall of Communism? Or, just another over-hyped media sensation?

Haven't figured out this connection. But then if Gore can invent the internet, who knows what one person can do.

Michael Moore: Courageous crusader? Or, pompous ass?

More like just a plain old 100% ass.

Angelina Jolie: Gorgeous babe? Or, plain old scary?

Wasn't she married to Billy Bob? That means they did it. Hard to consider her a babe in that context.

Arnold Schwarzenegger: Astute politician? Or, flash-in-the-pan Jesse Ventura-wannabe?

More like Jesse was an Arnold wannabe. Wonder how Arnie and Teddy do at family gatherings?

Jane Fonda: Genuinely repentant in her old age? Or, once a traitor, always a traitor?

Regardless, she sure was cute in Barbarella.

Anonymous said...

One day away and I started trembling.....no Randy! To offer some comment on your items of interest....
Michael Jackson...a guy who made a hit out of the song "Beat It"....guilty..next...
Pope John Paul...great Pope until the child rape scandel....if he knew about it...he is as guilty as Michael Jackson...he had two years to hear about it...Cardinal Law..Boston Archbishop had to resign in Boston as he knew about the child rapes..now he gets promoted and goes to Rome and, low and behold, gets to deliver a special Mass last week and is one of the Cardinals to decide on the next Pope....yikes..they need Johnny Cochran...now!
Michael Moore....met him a few months ago...in a men's room of all places...poor guy had to use the handicap toilet....big boy,big mouth, lard ass....
Ms. Jolie...babe wanna be with lots of mileage and skid marks....and no bumper guards...
Arnold...should of teamed with Hulk Hogan..but would of been too much ego....makes Jessie seem wimpy...
Jane...I think Henry is still rolling over in his grave.....she should of been charged with treason....then again she has Ted to torment her...
Randy....literature queen on the left coast....and on certain Carnival cruises...labeled Lady Champagne...Toodles...

Randy said...

It's heart-warming to see comments on my blog from people who not only have brains, but have a flair for writing as well! Come on, the rest of you...those of you who lurk and read but never post. My settings allow anonymous postings (I think) so you've got nothing to lose!

And, hey Marty...when are you gonna start posting to your own blog again???