Tuesday, April 12, 2005

You Be The Judge

Folks, I’m not making this up. You can verify what I’m about to tell you by going to the website. Either this guy is brilliant, or he’s one sick puppy. Maybe both. As I say, you be the judge.

Toby is the name of a bunny supposedly rescued and nursed back to health by the owner of the website. By clicking on the photo gallery, you can view adorable pictures of Toby at play in the park and various other locations.

Alas, there’s bad news on Toby’s horizon: on June 30th, his owner plans to slaughter and eat little Toby…unless the public ponies up $50,000 in donations. That’s right. Toby’s being ransomed. According to the homepage, over $24,000 has already been raised either through straight donations or via the purchase of promotional items. (Click on the Toby Store and you can buy anything from T-shirts to coffee mugs to Toby’s Roadkill Bar-b-que Café (“you kill it, you grill it”).

It wasn’t until I got to the recipe page that I started laughing out loud. Take Moroccan Hare Tagini, for example. Along the ingredients: Toby. The first instruction: “After quartering, brown Toby at medium-high heat. Remove Toby from the pan and brown the chopped onion (one medium).”

I mean, this is funny stuff…isn’t it??

What’s next? A guy in Korea with a site called SaveFido.com?

http://savetoby.com/

1 comment:

John said...

It dumped my comment. Don't remember what I said.

Not looking at the site. Munch that rabbit.

About the last place I would put my money. Maybe the rabbit should munch him.