Thursday, August 04, 2005

Priorities

All I can say is, holy crap--when did things get so complicated?

Back when I started writing three years ago, setting priorities was easy.

1. Write.

2. Write more.

3. Keep writing.

So, here’s what’s on the current plate:

Put finishing touches on Stealing Amy partial.
Put pizzazz into Stealing Amy synopsis.
Send both to agent who requested.

Put finishing touches on Fit For Love packet (for unsolicited submission). Do same for Stealing Amy.

Do another round of queries (this time snail mail) for Stealing Amy. (Side note: Why not Fit For Love, too? It’s not like I’ve even BEGUN to exhaust the avenues.)

Work on first draft of LEFTOVERS (the chick lit) and submit to editor who requested.

Do crits for loop partners (approximately 10 chapters in the queue).

As I say, holy crap.

What, you ask, have I done in the four days since the conference? Can I say crap for a third time?

The answer is basically nada…zip…zilch. The damn day job (and my social life) keeps getting in the way. Thank God, I don’t have a husband and kids—uh-oh, did I really just say that?

Gee, talk about getting your priorities straight....

No comments: