Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Sometimes the day job really gets in the way, yanno?

Today's the 12th anniversary of the Northridge Earthquake and since I wasn't blogging this time last year, I was gonna write about my memories of that earth-shaking day (pardon the pun). At the time, I was seeing a guy (yes! I was actually dating someone!) who travelled back and forth between LA and Chicago. Naturally, he was in Chicago when it happened. Anyway, I wrote him a detailed letter that was more for my benefit than his, and I've kept it on my computer (in Symphony format!) all these years.

So, I was gonna extract from that and let y'all in on my own personal experience of 12 years ago, but...geez, I'd have to do all that re-typing.

Besides, wouldn't you rather hear about the REQUEST I got this morning??

(Waiting for the applause to die down.)

Yep, that's right. Probably thanks to some of you guys who commented on my query letter, I revamped and got a request. Geez...all those names I'm gonna have to add to the "thank you" page when it gets published. Ha.

So, you'll just have to fill in the blanks yourself on that earthquake story. Envision sparks in the night, the sound of shattering glass, and an unseen force knocking you to the ground--that pretty much sums up the initial thirty seconds. What's more interesting perhaps, are the lifelong changes that followed which seemed inconsequential at the time.

Hmm. Maybe more on that later. As soon as I can get the pesky day job to simmer down.

No comments: