Monday, January 23, 2006

Talk About Random

Here’s some useless info for ya.

On the way to work this morning, I got to ruminating (weird word, huh? sounds like some sort of disease) about a word I never use. Then I added two more, making (one plus two equals) three words I never use.

The first one is AWESOME. I hate that word. People should be arrested for overusing it. Let’s get one thing straight: the Grand Canyon is awesome. Brad Pitt’s butt is not.

The second is SUPER. Markets can be super, but your availability to meet me in front of the theater at seven thirty is not.

The third one is girlfriend. Girlfriends are nouns, not proper names, unless you happen to be Afro-American. White women should never address pals as girlfriend.

So, there ya have it. Something I needed to get off my chest. Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

John said...

Can guys say "girlfriend" like women do?

Or is saying something like, "Girlfriend, I think it is super you have such awesome opinions," inappropriate?