Thursday, April 03, 2008

Addictions

So you've all heard on the news about the latest epidemic sweeping the nation. Yeah, the one about people addicted to texting, email--the electronic stuff that's more like an umbilical cord to our lives.

Well, let me raise my hand.

Hi, I'm Randy, and I'm an internetaholic.

I HATE to be without access to breaking news, my email--you name it. Which is why I'm already going through withdrawal because I'm getting on a plane in a couple of hours without...gulp...my laptop. Oh, I have it right here--all packed. Trouble is, I don't have the charger. Not that I forgot it, mind you. Just couldn't put my hands on it this morning. Decided it must be in the office. Now I've decided it must be in the last suitcase I used (gee, maybe it DOES pay to unpack completely).

Debating now. I have time. I could run home and get it. The only thing making me hesitate is that I detest the route to the airport from my home.

Decisions, decisions. Which do I hate more? An inconvenient drive...or being electronically incommunicado??

Stay tuned...

If you don't see a blog over the weekend, you'll know what the answer was.

No comments: