Friday, March 18, 2005

Don't Hate Me 'Cuz I Travel...

I'm off in a few minutes to embark on a 3-night cruise (I think they're usually called 3-day cruises, but no matter how I do the math, I don't come up with 3 days.) Anyway, this time I'm going with another Randi (note the difference in spelling)...poor thing, she's a divorced mother of three (one with Down Syndrome) who teaches special ed full time while she's getting her teaching credential. Her own children pleaded (pled?) with her to "please go away and regain your sanity" during Spring break. When she called to beg me to join her, how could I refuse??

Yes, I try hard to *be* there for my friends.

See y'all on Monday!

P.S....It's raining! I'm boarding a cruise ship dressed in jeans and a sweater instead of a tropical sundress! I had to pack a fricking umbrella! How SAD is this? (Okay, for those of you who have read previous posts, you'll note I lied about the umbrella since I don't own one...so, I'll look like a drowned rat when I board...who the hell cares? I'd rather be in Puerto Vallarta..............)

2 comments:

John said...

You have it rough. Cruisin after a week at the beach. I would compare it to the highlights of my week, only I didn't have any highlights. Shutout. Skunked of highlights. Closest was reading about your highlights.

Anonymous said...

Hey Randy. Ali and Marty here on "Ole" Cape Cod. We don't "hate" , but are insanely jealous! Hope you had a great time. Save some time for Aruba next January!