Monday, February 26, 2007

Breaking Up Is...

Hell on the computer user.

Yes, folks. It’s true. My video camera refuses to speak to my computer and vice versa. I’m so clueless, I wasn’t even aware they were fighting. Apparently, they don’t see eye to eye these days, and nothing I say or do appears to make a difference.

Stubborn bastards.

I tried dazzling them with a Dazzle connection, but did either one of them budge? No.

I tried a standard USB connection, which only pissed the computer off more because it began taunting me with connection wizards that went nowhere. I mean, what’s the use of asking permission to search the Internet for software if it’s not even gonna bother to look when I say okay? Huh?

I even, God forbid, tried to find order in the disorder that is my office−y’know, like unearthing CD-roms that had fallen behind the desk, the chair, the bed…

Nada.

Where, oh where, has all the software gone?

Gone to nook and cranny graveyards, everyone.

Sigh. Crossing fingers there’s something useable at work…otherwise, I may have to break down and get another video camera. They come with software, don’t they?

Oh, in case you’re wondering what you’re missing out on, I was gonna post a video of last night’s Oscar party (sniff).

2 comments:

Carol Burnside aka Annie Rayburn said...

Frankly, I like your humorous comments and personal take over an ol' video any day. You're a writer. Tell us about it.

Randy said...

Well, to tell you the truth, not much happened. The film footage was my go-to. (Plus we had a really cool red carpet.)