Thursday, February 15, 2007

Life Imitates Art!

Last night I got a message through my Myspace inbox from none other than...Amy Harrington!

That must happen a lot, huh? Authors getting contacted by real people with real names that, er, happen to be the what the author used? Fortunately, this chick seems to have a good sense of humor--even asked me how to buy the book. Hey, from now on, I'm naming all my charactes Ashley Smith and John Jones.

In a related note, my dad pointed me to a feature article in the Daily News yesterday about an outfit called Book By You. Imagine this: for a small price, you answer a questionnaire, provide your name and that of your significant other, and...voila. One of eight stock romance novels starring YOU and personalized with your nicknames, your hobbies, and so forth.

Man, why don't I ever come up with these ideas??

2 comments:

Terry Spear/Terry Lee Wilde said...

omigsoh, I finally got through after getting error messages 12 times! I loved your Amy Harrington story!!! You never know where you'll make a sale next! I sold one of my Highlander books to the substitute teacher I was working with today, and my daughter went to talk to her college algebra teacher and sold one to her! It's so wonderful to be able to share your love of writing with others!

And great review, Randy! Way to go!!!

Randy said...

Thanks, Terry...and by the way, can I borrow your daughter?