Thursday, February 01, 2007

Stealing Amy Launches! ! ! ! ! !

Wow...it seems like eons ago I signed that contract, huh? I know you've all been waiting with baited breath--or is it itchy fingers? Y'know...'cuz it's not like you can march over to B&N or Borders and wrap your sweaty palms around something physical like, um...a book.

No, in case you missed something, Stealing Amy is an e-book. Which means, for the uninitiated, that it's available as an electronic download in four formats. Personally, I don't understand how anyone can enjoy a book this way (don't tell that to my publisher) yet I run into folks who do it all the time. Y'know, like on their PDA, or their whosis, or their whatsis. Oh, yeah...and some people actually sit in front of a computer monitor and read the things. (Gag)

Anyway, so I've been busy updating my website (oh, don't ask--what a nightmare, and please think twice before you ever decide to create your own)...you may wanna go check it out, but then again, you may not because I've probably screwed it up again. Oh, hell. Go ahead...see if you can find the excerpts; there are two. Enjoy.

So, the first email of the morning? Fathom this: a message from Lynne Marshall, a fellow Triskelion co-writer saying she'd tried to purchase my book this morning but it wasn't available yet. Imagine that! Isn't she cool to try to be the first on her block? Go see her website, too...'cuz she's about my bestest friend at the moment. (Oops, update: Lynn reports that she purchased the book, but was unable to download it--QC alert!)

Well, since I was up until 1 a.m. last night, tweaking the friggin' website, I'm too tired to write about my impressions of the first day of school, er, the first day of publishingdom.

More tomorrow.

Oh, wait. Meanwhile, disregard what I said about glitches in downloading, go buy the book here.

4 comments:

Pamela Tyner said...

Congrats on the release!

Randy said...

Thanks, Pam! It's pretty darn exciting, although I'm gonna have to figure out what to say to my dad when he asks how to buy it. "Um, Daddy...? I think I'd better give you the Readers Digest condensed version."

In other words, without the sex! Not that there's much of that in my book; it's certainly not what I'd call steamy or erotic...

Brooke said...

Hey! Congratulations! You're a Published Author now! I am so happy for you!

Vonda Sinclair said...

Congratulations Randy!!!