Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Little Bit of This and a Little Bit of That **Updated

Stop over at author Vonda Sinclair's blog to read an interview with MOI (my first, so be kind).

In other news, the Triskelion web site seems to be back on the mend after its recent debillitating illness, so it's now safe to make a run at buying Stealing Amy. Not that I mean to force it down your throat or anything...

And, geez...I couldn't be a romance writer and NOT comment on the Astronaughty debacle (sure to be showing up as a made-for-TV movie in about an hour), could I? After all, there's nothing juicier than a brilliant woman pushed over the edge by a psychotic obsession. Okay, okay. I hear ya. Innocent till proved guilty. Plus, I guess I should be more empathetic and understanding.

But, I can't. Sorry.

We all do stupid things in the name of unrequited love, but...um...what was the tubing for?? And...and...wigs and trench coats? If I didn't know this woman had better things to do, I'd figure she watched too many Lifetime movies. Or maybe the Sopranos, even. Very, very sad. Especially for her kids. I'm sure the cable news networks will cover this ad nauseum--or, at least until the next sensational story hits--so I'm gearing up for interviews with everyone from her third grade teacher to her dog walker.

Paula Zahn: Tell us, Mr. Smith. What kind of person is Lisa Marie Nowak?

Mr. Smith: Kind, considerate, always friendly to puppies.

Paula Zahn: And how long have you known her?

Mr. Smith: Oh, I met her once at her mother's best friend's piano teacher's birthday party.

Paula Zahn (nods knowingly): Ahhh. Then you're practically related.

Just a thought--and by the time you read this, it'll probably have been touched on elsewhere--but how ironic is it that this chick's name is NO-WAK?

P.S. How long ya figure before she goes into rehab?? 'Cuz isn't that our "go-to" source of redemption after "inappropriate behavior" these days? (That religion dude who, after three weeks in rehab, came out 100% hetero...that Donald Trump beauty-queen chick who's now the poster-girl for AA...the Mayor of San Francisco who admitted hitting the sheets with the wife of his campaign manager...?)

Yep, no doubt it's that demon rum at work again.

No comments: