Monday, March 27, 2006

Spring Cleaning

Is March 27th too late to make a New Year’s resolution? ‘Cuz I really think it’s time I clean up some of the clutter in my life. The only question is: where to start.

At this very moment, I’m surveying my office and wondering how I ever get a single bit of work done. (Well, some might argue that I don’t.) For starters, three or four years of factory time sheets are stacked all over the place. Unfortunately, they’re not in any particular order. One credenza contains three shelves of binders holding old sales orders that I haven’t looked at in probably five years. Then there’s the miscellaneous personal crap. It’s everywhere. From bills, to old Christmas cards, to well…I covered all this in a previous post, didn’t I? Rest assured, things have only gotten worse since the last time I addressed this topic.

At home, I’ve already mentioned my garage. (Really, the garage warrants more than one measly sentence, but I’ll just let you use your imagination). Add to that, the books (mostly freebies from writing conferences) scattered everywhere. And then there are the leaves on the patio. I DO collect them every so often, but it’s a never-ending battle thanks to the huge maple (?) tree just outside my property that deposits its debris onto my patio all year long.

Anyway, I made a huge leap forward yesterday.

I bought the maxi-sized box of trash bags.

Party on, huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your articles remind me so much of Andy Rooney on 60 Minutes....of course, you don't look like him, but you definitely write in the same manner. As always, your articles bring a smile to my face. THANKS!

Randy said...

Aw, shucks. Thanks! Friend or stranger, it's nice to hear from you!